JOIN US IN SHAPING CLIMATE LEARNING AND ENGAGEMENT FROM LOCAL TO GLOBAL SCALES!
Save the Dates: 13 January | 16-18 February | 24 March 20210
Register Here by Monday January 11
Focusing and Strengthening the ECOS Organization through a Design Charrette Process
ECOS, the Education, Communication, and Outreach Stakeholders Community, was formed in 2016 as a community that is officially recognized by the United Nations Climate Change Secretariat and is open to all. ECOS supports effective, innovative efforts to build the capacity of individuals, communities, and organizations (both non-government and government) to make informed climate decisions. (Learn more at: www.climateecos.org)
The ECOS Community has gained momentum in recent years, with strong involvement, especially in support of Action for Climate Empowerment (ACE), at UN Climate Change meetings and conferences. As our community of volunteers has grown, so has the scope and depth of our work. In broad terms, ECOS currently:
- Hosts weekly community calls to foster collaboration with fellow climate practitioners, educators, and advocates around the world both within and outside of the UNFCCC;
- Engages closely with the UN Climate Change Secretariat and observes, provides inputs, and participates in the UNFCCC ACE negotiations and related activities;
- Shares information, expertise, and support to help each other navigate and participate in UN climate processes, as well as to advance the implementation of ACE;
- Convenes the #Learn4Climate campaign with various partner organizations to coordinate efforts and strengthen the momentum for ACE as we head towards COP26.
The ECOS team is now seeking greater input and participation, as we continue to evolve our organizational structure, strategic efforts, and opportunities to get involved.
Join us for the upcoming ECOS organizational development charrette process, an accelerated, collaborative, design-based process that harnesses the talents and energies of all interested stakeholders. Please share your ideas about how ECOS can thrive as an organization and community to support climate learning and engagement and build capacity for climate action at local, regional, national, and global scales.
The ECOS Charrette Process will occur in four phases. Phases One through Three will take place on Zoom, with the Fourth Phase being the writing and release of a synthesis report with recommendations from the input and insights. The Process is guided by an ECOS Charrette Coordination Committee.
PHASE ONE: INCLUSIVE DIALOGUES. In these Dialogues, participants will share their interests and ideas about ECOS. Two Dialogues will take place using a single format and are scheduled for two (2) hours.
DATES AND TIMES:
- EAST ASIA-PACIFIC REGIONS. On 13 January 2021 at 0700 Dhaka, 0800 Bangkok, 0900 Beijing and SIngapore, 1000 Tokyo, 1100 Sydney, 1300 Suva, 1400 Auckland, and on 12 January 2021 at 1700 Los Angeles, 1900 Mexico City, 2000 Lima and New York, 2200 Brasilia.
- AFRICA-AMERICAS-EUROPE REGIONS: On 13 January 2021 at 0600 Los Angeles, 0800 Mexico City, 0900 Lima and New York, 1100 Brasilia, 1400 Accra and London, 1500 Paris, 1600 Johannesburg, 1700 Doha, Istanbul, Moscow, and Nairobi, 2030 Mumbai and Colombo, 2100 Dhaka.
JOIN EITHER OR BOTH AS YOUR SCHEDULE ALLOWS!
TWO: REGIONAL DESIGN CHARRETTES. In these Charrettes participants will have the opportunity to present, discuss, and evaluate organizational designs for ECOS and how they align with ECOS purposes and priorities. The Charrettes will use a single format. The Regional Charrettes build on the work of the Inclusive Dialogues and are scheduled for approximately 2.5 hours.
DATES (times to be determined).
- AFRICA AND WEST AND CENTRAL ASIA on 16 February;
- AMERICAS AND EUROPE on 17 February, and
- EAST ASIA AND PACIFIC on 18 February.
PHASE THREE: GLOBAL DESIGN CHARRETTE. The Global Charrette brings together the outcomes of the Regional Design Charrette work to discuss design alternatives and make decisions about ECOS as an organization.
The 2.5 hour event is scheduled for 24 March, with times to be determined.
PHASE FOUR. THE ECOS DESIGN REPORT (draft). The Charrette Coordination Committee will draw on ideas and work generated at the Dialogues and Charrettes to produce a draft report for distribution and review.
REGISTRATION: There is no cost to participate (except for your time). Prior registration is strongly encouraged. Register Here